services for school age children
Libraries provide a range of services focussed on reading and
literacy, information and digital inclusion, and bringing people
School age children
We provide the following services free of charge for all school
- Individual library cards for all children.
- Access to books and all free library services (including spoken
word and e-books).
- Opportunity for children to participate in Summer Reading Challenge.
- Free access to library
- Free printouts (up to 5 A4 sheets a day) for homework for all
children and teenagers in full-time education.
- Free online resources to support
- Ask a Kent Librarian service to
We offer schools the following services free of charge:
- Visits to promote library
and archive services to your class (in the library or at your
- Teachers’ toolkit to assist with library visits -
download (Word, 650k).
- Places to display children's work to the wider community where
Schools can also buy a range of services to support the
improvement of reading and literacy, and enhance learning across
the whole curriculum. For details visit
our pages on the Edukent website.