West Kingsdown Mill
West Kingsdown Mill is a significant village landmark and a
prominent feature in the landscape, clearly visible from the M20
It is a Grade II listed building and has an an octagonal tarred
weatherboarded smock on a square base, a seven bladed fantail, and
once had two common and two patent sweeps.
The mill was built nearby in 1800 but was moved in 1880 to its
current site by its then owner, Tanner Norton.
The Norton family ran the mill in conjunction with a post mill
nearby (burnt down in 1909). Kent County Council acquired it in
The mill is located within the farmyard of Mill House on the
outskirts of West Kingsdown village - and it is looked after by Mr
and Mrs M Heaton, who own the land.
- Off the A20 on the western edge of West Kingsdown village
between Wrotham and Farningham
- Grid reference: TQ 582, 622
- Historic Environment Record number:
- Contact number: (01474) 852357