- the deer paddock is an attractive grassy area featuring trees such as the walnut and the variegated sycamore
- the lake is a shady oasis for wildlife fringed with overhanging trees, where ducks can be found paddling around its edges
- the valley is the largest area of the park, with alder trees running along its centre, marking the course of the Brockhill Stream as it wends its way down towards the nearby Royal Military Canal.
- Monday to Friday: £1.50 per day
- Weekends and bank holidays: £2.50 per day
There are height restrictions at this site.
All users, including Blue Badge holders, must pay and display or have a valid season ticket.
Visitors on motorbikes do not need to pay for parking.
Brockhill Park Estate
Brockhill Country Park sits on the former Brockhill Park Estate, historically linked to Saltwood Castle.
It's likely the old estate was a game estate to the castle during Norman times, supplying meat, fish and timber.
In the late 1400s, the Tournay family took over the estate. The last of their successors, William Tournay, had the biggest impact on the estate and is responsible for a lot of what you see during your visit.
After William's death in 1903 the manor house - Brockhill School's main building - became known to the villagers of Saltwood as the Haunted House.
Creating the park
We bought the estate in 1947 and opened it to the public in 1986.
This park is managed by the Kent County Council Kent Country Parks team. Contact the Kent Country Parks team.
Read the Kent County Parks strategy 2017 - 2021 (PDF, 1.6 MB) which sets out the aspirations for our Kent Country Parks service over the next 4 years.
Café opening hours
Easy access paths
Flying drones is not permitted at country park sites. This is to keep the public safe (walkers, cyclists, horse riders) and to avoid significant disturbance to wildlife and ground nesting birds.
Please do not fly drones under any circumstance.
Seasoned logs and kindling
You can purchase seasoned logs and kindling from the park on Saturday mornings.
At Kent Country Parks we offer outdoor learning for all ages and abilities, whether you are visiting one of our outdoor learning centres, or we are bringing our outdoor learning expertise into your setting or environment.More information for schools or group settings