Order documents and copies
Order documents before a visit
Save time by ordering documents from the Kent History and Library Centre before you visit.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, telling us:
- the finding number of the material using our online catalogue
- the date and time you want to come in and look at the material.
Get copies sent to you
We can send you copies of documents if you can't or don't need to visit the centre.
First, use our online catalogue and get the finding number(s) of the document(s) you want.
If you have any questions please call 03000 42 02 15 or email email@example.com
You can only use copies you make for personal use and research.
Staff will make copies of archive documents but you can copy community history documents yourself.
- A4 Black and White - £1
- A4 Colour - £2
- Community history area copying: A4 Black and White - 10p
We can make digital copies for you and put them onto a CD or email them to you. Or you can buy a camera licence and take your own photos.
- Standard image (size of original up to A2) - £5
- Standard image from a book (size of original up to A2) - first page £5 and £2 per page afterwards if from the same book
- Professional standard image (size of original up to A1) - £14.50
- Professional standard image from a book (size of original up to A1) - first page £14.50 and £5 per page afterwards if from the same book
- Estate map - £10 per map
- Tithe map - £15 per map
Camera licences are £10 a day. Check you're allowed to photograph the documents you're interested in before you buy the licence.
Restrictions on copying
We'll let you know if you can't copy something due to data protection, the condition of the material or other reasons.
Permission to publish
If you want to publish or reproduce images please email firstname.lastname@example.org.