Physical activity and older people grant
The physical activity and older people grant funding is designed to enable a small number of innovative projects to contribute to wider health and social outcomes by creating opportunities for older people aged 55+ (and their carers) to become more physically active, using a range of different recreational, leisure and appropriate sports activities.
Applications are encouraged from both voluntary and community sector (VCS) organisations working with older people, as well as recreation, leisure and sports organisations.
To apply for a physical activity and older people grant you must be:
- applying for a grant of over £5000
- delivering an activity in Kent (organisations from outside of Kent will be considered, but you will need to demonstrate how you will work in Kent communities)
- supporting our strategic outcome that older and vulnerable residents are safe and supported with choices to live independently
- supporting and encouraging older people aged 55+ to be more physically active
- planning to develop partnerships between the voluntary and community sector and the leisure/sports sector (ideally an application will demonstrate a partnership between both sectors, although this is not essential if the applicant can demonstrate their ability to deliver a successful project independently – please contact Kent Sport on firstname.lastname@example.org or 03000 414001 if you need further advice on this)
- consulting with and promoting the project to older people
- aiming to continue the activity after the initial funding period
- applying for funding for a specific project and not for the core funding of an organisation
- willing to provide evidence of impact against local priorities during and at the end of the grant
- completing your project before 31 March 2018 (subject to scale of project and amount awarded).
Applications are now closed for 2017.
Grants will be awarded by the end of February 2017 and it is expected that projects will be completed before 31 March 2018 (subject to the scale of the project and the amount awarded).
For more information about our grants read our: