The Dementia Friendly Communities Innovation Fund
The Dementia Friendly Communities Innovation fund supports projects that work with local businesses, organisations, leisure, sports or arts to help people with dementia to maintain their independence and remain part of their communities for as long as practicable.
The grant can be used for:
- addressing loneliness
- reducing social isolation
- working with local businesses,organisations, leisure, sports or arts to help those with dementia remain part of the community
- and/or maintaining their pastimes, hobbies and activities.
The minimum level of funding for each project funded is £500. The maximum is £2000.
There is a limited amount of funding available and grants will be awarded based on the quality of the application, related to meeting the required outcomes and the ability to deliver the project.
Bids will be judged by a panel made up of:
- Kent County Council commissioning officers
- chair persons from Kent’s Dementia Action Alliance And Dementia Friendly Community Groups
- people affected personally by dementia.
This grant can only fund up to 50% of the total cost of a project. Applications must demonstrate how the balance of the funding will be achieved via match funding (including ‘in-kind’ funding) or other funding streams.
Funding will be provided for projects that contribute to one or more of Kent County Council aims below:
- older and vulnerable residents are safe and supported with choices to live independently
- communities benefit from economic growth by being in-work, healthy and enjoying a good quality of life.
When you apply, you must be able to show in your application that:
- your proposal will develop existing partnerships and encourage new partnerships between various sectors of the community
- your proposal will build on the work already started by the Kent Dementia Action Alliance and the ‘Working to Become Dementia Friendly’ (WTBDF) recognition symbol
- you will consult with and promote the project to those living with dementia as well as local businesses and organisations
- you will aim to continue the activity after the initial funding period
- you will provide appropriate monitoring and evaluation, including case studies where appropriate, to enable other organisations to benefit from the project and support future development of opportunities.
- you will provide regular updates via the Dementia Friendly Kent website.
Greater consideration will be given to funding applications which have:
Applications for the Dementia Friendly Community Fund closed on 31 August 2017.
If you were successful and your bid was approved for funding we would have contacted you by August 2017.
Projects must be completed by 31 March 2018.