Benefits and Rewards
As a member of staff you will have access to a competitive range
- an excellent final salary, local government pension scheme,
flexible working (includes flexi-time, part-time, job-share,
term-time, home-based working and career breaks -
all dependant on your job role and needs of the service) and a
generous holiday entitlement (between 22 and 30 days a year,
depending on how long you have worked for us and the job you
- maternity, paternity, adoption and parental leave
- sickness provision
- training and career development opportunities, with a
guaranteed minimum of five days training for every member of staff
- childcare voucher scheme which can be used to pay for
registered childcare for children up to 16 years old
- opportunities to join healthcare packages from SimplyHealth and
Benenden Healthcare Society
- a staff discount card (giving you discounts in shops and health
clubs, as well as on travel and insurance) and 10% off Kent Adult Education courses
- a relocation scheme to help new staff taking up key
appointments to move nearer to their place of work (subject to
- lease cars for staff who travel around the county as part of
their work (subject to certain conditions)
- access to an in-house confidential counselling service -
first 7 sessions free
- free health checks
- access to a Help Fund providing assistance to staff at times of
- ability to buy and sell annual leave
- one-off cash and non-cash payments for excellent
Read more about we can offer in the Kent
Scheme (PDF, 76k) our terms and conditions
of employment at Kent County Council.
All Kent County Council staff have access to a range
of discounts through our Kent
Rewards website. This includes:
- online cashback and discounts on over 1400 major stores
including Marks and Spencers, Debenhams, House of Fraser, Next,
Play.com and HMV.
- a voucher shop where you can purchase vouchers and top up
cards at a discounted rate so you can shop in store.
- Value Plus Local - a discount card for a range of Kent
companies, where you can get a discount in their stores when
presenting the card. These include local hairdressers,
picture framers, the Ashford Outlet shopping centre and lots of
other great shops.
- Salary sacrifice tax efficient schemes such as childcare
vouchers (save up to £942 per year if you are a basic rate taxpayer
and up to £1,195 if you are a higher rate tax payer) and Cycle2Work
which allows you to obtain a bike and associated safety equipment
at a discount of up to 48% off the high street price.
- a staff club that organises regular trips for staff. Past
trips have included: Oliver, Mamma Mia, Cliff Richard Concert,
Ideal Home Show and Ascot Ladies Day.
Find out what our staff say about
our benefits and rewards.