Why apply for work experience with Kent County Council?
We are an
excellent-rated council serving more than 1.3 million people and we
have a variety of roles.
We aim to employ a workforce that reflects the community and are
committed to achieving equality and diversity.
As one of the largest employers in Kent with more than 44,000
staff working in a range of full and part time jobs – this also
makes us one of the biggest councils in the country.
How you will benefit
Your work experience placement will give you the opportunity to
practice and develop some of the key employability skills and
attributes that employers are looking for, such as:
- Communication and literacy – The ability to clearly explain
what you mean, through written and verbal means, comprehend and
take appropriate actions and build rapport with colleagues and
- Numeracy – The ability to use mathematics to demonstrate a
point or spot an error, e.g. spotting figures have been entered
incorrectly into a sales till by using mental arithmetic to
calculate the total
- ICT – The ability to use computers and computer programmes as
well as office equipment such as a phone, fax or photocopier
- Business and customer awareness – The ability to
communicate and help clients/customers
- Working in a team – Being able to work with others towards a
common goal, this may mean adapting your language and attitudes in
order to work smoothly with others and show consideration for other
people’s ways of doing things.
- Self management – Showing commitment and initiative, being self
confident, asking questions and seeking advice were
- Problem solving – This does not mean working things out for
yourself. It is about recognising when things are not at
their best and seeking solutions