- provides hospital based services to support non-admission to hospital when appropriate and timely discharge from hospital
- is made up of multi-disciplinary teams of social workers, occupational therapists and nurses in case management roles, supported by case officers and administrators
- has Social Care Discharge Coordinators, which are key roles within the team
- works with the Enablement at Home service to ensure people are supported at home whenever possible
- is aligned to Clinical Commissioning Groups areas and Acute services for wider multi-disciplinary and partnership working with health colleagues.