- assesses the social care needs of older people and people with a physical disability and produce relevant care and support plans
- is made up of multi-disciplinary teams of social workers, occupational therapists and nurses in case management roles, supported by case officers and administrators
- promotes Independence Review Teams within Adult Community Teams and reviews care packages, supporting people to be as independent as possible
- has designated workers who are responsible for transition from Children's Services to Adult Services and liaison with carers assessment services
- is aligned to Clinical Commissioning Group areas and GP clusters for wider multi-disciplinary and partnership working with health colleagues.