Adult social care jobs in North Kent and Swale (Older people and physical disability)
With the Garden of England on your doorstep and train links to London St Pancras in a speedy 18 minutes, you can enjoy the best of both worlds in North Kent.
This region boasts vibrant cultural hubs. multi-cultural communities and a a rich heritage. Here are just a few of the highlights:
- Enjoy the great outdoors and seasonal events for all the family at Shorne Woods Country Park and Lullingstone Country Park.
- Indulge in some retail therapy at Bluewater, Europe's largest shopping centre.
- Have European adventure. Eurostar trains from nearby Ebbsfleet International Station reach Paris in just over two hours and Brussels in one and a half hours.
- Take a spin at Kent's Cyclopark. Big, brand new and bursting with fantastic facilities for all abilities, Cyclopark boasts great tracks for road cycling, BMXing and mountain biking.
- Explore our architectural treasures including Cobham Hall, Knole and Lullingstone Roman Villa.
- Relax by the river and watch the sailing barges, paddle steamers and yachts sail past at Gravesend Town Pier Pontoon.
- Soak up some history Hever Castle and Chiddingstone Castle, both offering an impressive range of year-round family activities.
- Kent boasts Europe's largest and finest Gurdwara, where Gravesend's Sikh community offers a very warm welcome.
- Take in a performance at Sevenoaks' Stag Community Arts Centre, Dartford's Mick Jagger Centre for Music and Arts or at The Orchard Theatre.
"Gravesend is a great place to work. Being only 20 minutes from London, it is easy for me to commute, and with a high speed rail link to London, Medway and Faversham, anyone can come and work in this historical market town and port."