Become a Shared Lives host
The most rewarding thing you'll ever do
Shared Lives hosts open their homes to support adults with learning disabilities, mental health conditions, physical disabilities or dementia. The host will provide long term, shortbreak, day support and transition placements.
For hosts it:
- provides a flexible, interesting job with a fantastic work-life balance
- offers great opportunities for skills development
- lets you be self-employed, with support from our team
- is well paid.
Having experience in care work or through personal experience would be an advantage, but full training and ongoing support is provided.
Make a difference
Becoming a Shared Lives host means you could make a real difference to the people you support. It can provide people with:
- an improved quality of life
- new life experiences, whether it's birthdays and weddings or going on a holiday for the first time
- a live in family environment, developing relationships that could last a lifetime
- social inclusion
- a family network, introducing them to an extensive group of people in the wider community
- getting involved with their local community, many get jobs or develop a new social activity
- a better service for users than traditional forms of care
- consistent and continuous personalised care.
We've identified people who would benefit from Shared Lives, we just don't have enough hosts.
To get involved in this fantastic scheme apply now or give us a call on 03000 412400 find out more.