Kent Landscape Information System
Kent County Council's Kent Landscape Information
System is a tool that helps to develop new ways of protecting our
countryside and conserving our county's natural habitats and
It also aims to make sure that the countryside remains both
economically viable and environmentally sustainable.
The Kent Landscape Information System is able to:
- provide detailed information on the landscape, habitats and
species in Kent
- identify opportunities to create habitats or restore
As the system provides information about Kent's habitats and
biodiversity, it helps people to make better-informed decisions,
about planning, land use and anything else that will have an impact
on the environment.
The system is used by landowners, planners, farm managers,
advisors, civil engineers, contractors, and anyone involved in
making decisions about land use.
The system also offers a wealth of information for anyone
interested in our countryside and the plants and animals it
The Kent Landscape Information
System website provides:
- fact sheets on animal and plant species in Kent
- fact sheets on habitats in Kent
- Kent landscape assessment
- Kent habitat survey
- guidance on preserving biodiversity in land use and
- Public Rights of Way
- Heritage information
- Ordnance Survey maps
- aerial photography
- geological and soil data.