By taking the time and effort to carry out a
clean up event in your area you will make a difference to your
To help with your event, we’ve put together a
few points for you to consider.
- Decide where you would like to carry out your
clean up. Try to choose a location that is used by members of the
community regularly or a spot that will benefit from this
- You don’t need a large group to make a
difference. Ask friends, family and local residents.
- Make contact with your local council and they will send you a
‘Clean-up’ document pack with everything you need to get started. A
risk assessment must be completed before any event can
- Equipment such as hi-visibility jackets,
litter pickers and gloves will be supplied along with public
liability insurance cover.
- All volunteers should be briefed on health
& safety risks, what to do in case of an emergency and where
the boundaries of the clean up are.