Vehicle surrender scheme
If you own a vehicle you want to dispose of, Kent County Council
can do this for you free of charge.
All you have to do is complete and submit the
vehicle surrender form or call our contact centre on
0845 345 0210 where an operator will fill out the form for you.
To do this they need the full address and post code of exactly
where the vehicle is, and a daytime phone number.
The completed form is passed to an approved contractor who will
contact you to arrange a date and time to collect the vehicle.
Please have ready the keys and log book as the contractor
collecting the vehicle will ask you to sign the vehicle over to
They will confirm the vehicle has been removed and
destroyed and will notify the DVLA of the disposal too.
When you sign the vehicle surrender form you are confirming:
- you are the sole owner of the vehicle
- the vehicle is not registered on a hire purchase agreement
- you are surrendering ownership of the vehicle to Kent County
Council for free disposal
- you are indemnifying Kent County Council and our
contractor against any damage caused to your property while
removing the vehicle
- there is no property left in the vehicle, other than the
standard fittings supplied with the vehicle
- the vehicle is in a place where it can be removed by machine
without difficulty by the contractor.