How to dispose of medical needles in Shepway
A free collection service is available on
request. All clinical waste collections have to be requested
individually, which is done by calling Shepway District Council
customer services every time clinical waste is to be collected.
Need to dispose of medical needles?
- A free collection service is available on
- Telephone Shepway District Council’s Customer Service
Department every time a sharps box is to be collected -
01303 858660. They will book a day for
collection with you.
A referral option is also available – your GP or district nurse
can contact Shepway District Council to organise a collection for
- The sharps box will be collected – as arranged - by a
contractor (Veolia Environmental Services).
To obtain a replacement sharps box, you will
need to obtain a prescription from your GP.
For further information:
Telephone: 01303 858660
Web: Shepway District
You can also take your clinical waste to the
following local pharmacies who will dispose of this for you:
- The Central Pharmacy, 104 Cheriton Road,
Folkestone, Kent, CT20 2QN
- Taylors Pharmacy, 362-364 Cheriton Road,
Folkestone, Kent, CT19 4DX
- Boots the Chemist, 95-97 High Street, Hythe,
Kent, CT21 5JH
- Lloyds Pharmacy, 63 High Street, New Romney,
Kent, TN28 8AL
- Co-op Chemist, 25 High Street, Lydd, Romney
Marsh, Kent, TN29 9AH
- McArdle Pharmacy, 41 Canterbury Road,
Folkestone, Kent, CT19 5NJ
Please note: Nursing homes
and medical establishments should arrange for this type of
collection through their normal waste collection contractor.
If you have needles to dispose of that have been used
for a non-medical purpose please contact Turning Point on 020