Local Development Frameworks
Within Kent each of the 12 district/borough councils, as well as
the Unitary Authority of Medway
Council, are producing a Local Development Framework. Local
Development Frameworks will gradually replace the existing Local
Local Development Frameworks are like a 'folder' containing all
relevant documents prepared by the district councils. These
documents outline the spatial planning strategy for the local area.
Frameworks will include the following:
- Development Plan Documents.
- Supplementary Planning Documents (optional).
- Site specific allocations or plans.
- Proposal maps.
- The Statement of Community Involvement.
- The Local Development Scheme.
- Annual Monitoring Reports.
- Any Local Development Orders or Simplified Planning Zones
For further details, contact the relevant district
or borough council.
Kent County Council is responsible for producing the Local Development Framework for Minerals and