The College has three campuses: Maidstone, Medway and Chatham
The College is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities
and/or learning difficulties are treated fairly and equally.We will
make all reasonable adjustments to our provision to ensure that you
are not substantially disadvantaged.
The College will strive to provide a support package designed to
meet individual students’ needs which will enable them to maximise
In practice this means:
- The College has a large Curriculum Access Support team (CAST)
to assist any learners with their support needs Skilled support is
available in a wide range of areas.
- Advice can be given on physical support.
- Learning Facilitators are available for a range of support
Applying to the college:
Contact the college as soon as possible to discuss your support
Be sure to attend a college open evening.
Complete an application form using www.midkent.ac.uk/courses/how-to-apply/full-time-courses
- Complete the Disabilities/Support Needs or Learning
Difficulties sections on the form.
- You will be invited by letter to an interview with a member of
the CAST team.
- A support package can then be put in place.
- There will also be an interview with the course tutor who will
be aware of potential CAST support.
- This will ensure that when you start your chosen course the
necessary support and resources will be in place.
Starting your course:
- There will be an induction programme to give information about
the facilities and resources of the college.
- During this programme you will meet staff and other students
and be given details of studies and the support you will be
- Should your support needs change during the course adjustments
can be made.
At the end of your course:
- College Careers Advisers will provide impartial information,
advice and guidance on future opportunities.
- Connexions Advisers are also available to support you in making
decisions at this time.
- The CAST team can help you develop a Transition Plan should you
choose to progress to other educational courses or
- Do declare your needs when you apply
- Further support can be arranged once you have started your
- Keep in touch with CAST
- All campuses are accessible by bus; the Maidstone campus is
within walking distance of Maidstone West Railway