School age parents
We give support and advice to:
- young women who are pregnant or have a child
- young fathers (or fathers-to-be)
- parents and families of young women who are pregnant
so that we can help young parents to stay in (or get back into) education, employment or training.
We can give you:
- details of Young Active Parents (YAPs) support groups close to you
- details of other local support groups for young parents
We can also help other professionals and organisations who work with young parents in Kent.
Contact our Young Parents Coordinator on 03000 41 70 83 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
National advice and support for school age parents
The NHS have useful information for teenage parents including how you can expect your school to help you handle taking time off during pregnancy and after the baby is born.
There is a national financial scheme called Care to Learn which helps you pay for childcare while you study.