We are commissioning new schools to accommodate an increase in pupil numbers in Kent.
Statutory guidance requires us to seek proposals to establish a free school where we have identified the need for a new school in Kent.
Further information about free schools is available from the New Schools Network.
Sponsoring a free school
If you are considering sponsoring a free school, please contact us at email@example.com or contact the local Area Education Officer:
- South Kent (Ashford, Shepway and Dover): David Adams, firstname.lastname@example.org
- East Kent (Canterbury, Swale and Thanet): Marisa White, email@example.com
- North Kent (Sevenoaks, Dartford and Gravesham): Ian Watts, firstname.lastname@example.org
- West Kent (Maidstone, Tonbridge and Malling and Tunbridge Wells): Jared Nehra, email@example.com
Read more advice about sponsoring an academy.
Information for proposers
Read information relating to your area of Kent:
There is no current proposer information for North Kent.
There is no current proposer information for South Kent.
- Commissioning education provision in West Kent - presentation (PDF, 1.7 MB)
- National Free Schools application process workshop (PDF, 475.9 KB)
- Commissioning primary education provision in Maidstone (PDF, 667.7 KB)
- Commissioning Special Educational Needs provision in Maidstone (PDF, 782.8 KB)
- Commissioning secondary education provision in Tunbridge Wells (PDF, 990.1 KB)