Stay safe this halloween
Stay visible on dark nights.
- Stay in well-lit areas and use torches or lamps.
- Do not cross the road between parked cars.
- Wear clothing that is bright, reflective and flame
Don’t take risks.
- Be alert and aware of your surroundings.
- Travel in small groups making sure younger children are
accompanied by an adult.
- Only visit houses which are well-lit and never enter the home
of someone you don’t know.
- Plan your route, letting others know where you are going and
what time you will return.
- Carry a mobile phone with you in case you need to make an
Respect your neighbours.
If there is a notice or a poster asking you not to
call at someone’s home, please respect their wishes.
Advice for residents
Don't want trick or treaters? Please see our posters in the
orange box, which you can print and display in your
You do not have to open your door to anyone. If people call and
their behaviour worries you, let a neighbour or your Neighbourhood
Watch contact know.