Kent Resillience Forum Panedemic Flu plan
An effective response to an influenza pandemic will require the
co-operation of a wide range of organisations and the active
support of the public. As there may be very little time to develop
or finalise preparations, effective pre-planning is essential.
Many important features of an influenza pandemic will not become
apparent until after it has started (i.e. when person-to-person
transmission has become sustained), so plans must be:
- constructed to deal with a wide range of possibilities
- based on an integrated, multi-sector approach
- built on effective service and business continuity
- responsive to local challenges (e.g. rural issues) and
- supported by strong local, regional and national leadership,
- in line with national planning guidelines.
Kent Resilience Forum (KRF) Multi-Agency Pandemic Influenza
Contingency Plan (PDF, 625k) is designed to cope with the
non-health aspects of a pandemic influenza outbreak. The plan has
been developed by the KRF multi agency Pandemic Flu Working Group
and is a living document. It will be updated and revised as new
guidance is released by Government.