Aims and objectives of the Community Warden Scheme
"Creating safer and stronger communities"
The aim of the Kent County Council Community Warden Scheme is to
enable the people of Kent to live safely and independently in their
neighbourhoods and communities.
To achieve this aim we are committed to:
- building community confidence and reassurance
- delivering high quality services
- valuing, developing and supporting staff
- working in Partnership
- making best use of resources.
The core objectives of a Community Warden are:
- provide a reassuring conspicuous presence
- promote community solidarity and encourage communities and
neighbourhoods to identify and solve problems
- tackle anti-social behaviour
- act as "eyes and ears" for other agencies
- be a trusted friend for the community
- improve access to local authority services
- provide information and advice about Kent County Council,
local district councils and other public services
- promote social inclusion.