The Kent Pledge
The Kent Pledge is a central to improving
corporate parenting. It has been widely welcomed, particularly
by children and young people. The Pledge:
- tells children and young people what they can expect
from KCC as a child in care
- encourages best practice
- promotes better outcomes
- reinforces our corporate parent responsibilities.
Kent Pledge is in 2 parts:
- KCC looked after Children.
- Looked after Children placed in Kent by other local
You can view the
Kent Pledge (PDF, 1.3mb).
The Pledge provides a range of commitments focussing on 6 key
- A sense of belonging
- An adult who is always there for you while you are in care
- A good education
- Good memories for the future
- Getting ready for being an adult
- Championing your needs and interests.
If you wish to request a Computer for a Looked After Child,
please complete our