Support for parents & families
Who are Causeway?
Causeway is an early intervention and family support project. It
provides alternative solutions for children aged 4 to 13 and their
families in Shepway primary schools. Causeway works with a range of
groups to support children and their families through difficult
- agencies and professionals including health, education and
Causeway actively works to promote positive outcomes for children
and their parents/carers.
- Termly parenting groups for up to 10 parents/carers at the
Folkestone Early Years Centre and the New Romney Children’s Centre.
A free crèche is provided.
- Support for the Common Assessment Framework (CAF) on identified
children often taking on the lead professional role.
- Group work for self-esteem, social skills and anger management
within schools with
Kent Safe Schools.
- Improve attendance and punctuality by in partnership with
Educational Welfare Officers.
- Fun days and support to attend after school and holiday
- Home visits.
- CASCADE – two after school clubs in Folkestone and on The Marsh
for 10 children who cannot attend other groups.
- Work and support to prevent family breakdown and/or to reduce
the need for more serious intervention later.
- Support with the transition: from nursery to primary or from
primary to secondary school.
- All volunteers are trained and enhanced CRB checked.