Trading Standards free life skills resources for secondary schools
This educational resource has been developed by KCC Trading Standards to help young people prepare for adult life. It encourages safe, independent living to reduce the risk of financial harm.
The resource consists of 9 modules, each including:
- teacher notes
- a quiz and answer sheet for students
- teacher score sheet (PDF, 96.2 KB) and answers (PDF, 91.7 KB)
- a printable Certificate of Achievement (PDF, 164.4 KB) for the students.
Read more about each module:
- age restricted products (PDF, 151.6 KB)
- doorstep crime (PDF, 772.4 KB)
- food and hygiene (PDF, 243.1 KB)
- home fire safety (PDF, 182.9 KB)
- safer independent pedestrians (PDF, 785.4 KB)
- scams (PDF, 1.1 MB)
- shopper’s rights (PDF, 204.9 KB)
- social media and the internet (PDF, 240.5 KB)
- who can help? (PDF, 184.9 KB)
The Consumer Quiz
Depending on the interest, schools that have completed the modules may have the opportunity to enter a team of 4 students into a Kent consumer quiz competition. You can register your interest by emailing email@example.com and you will be notified of the details at a later date.