Folkestone MASH - Beacon
Beacon is a Multi Agency Specialist Hub (MASH) for disabled children and their families.
Address and contact details
Park Farm Road
Kent CT19 5DN
Telephone: 01303 847555
Monday to Friday, 9am to 3pm
You and your child can access a range of healthcare services at the Beacon including:
- audiology - 01227 866487
- community paediatrics - 01233 651927
- dentistry - call 03000 420004 or make a new referral
- disabled children's social services - call 03000 42 08 86 or make a new referral
- educational home visits for pre-school children, also known as portage - 01892 501897
- occupational therapy - 01233 651927
- physiotherapy - 01233 651927
- sparkle (an education and health care initiative to support children's development) - 07789 750823
- specialist teaching and learning services - 01233 622958 or Jo Robson 03000 419142
- speech and language therapy - 01233 651927
Events, play and activities
The Beacon has weekly activities including swimming, soft play, knitting, football and nail and beauty workshops.
They also run a range of interventions that have been carefully planned to complement the curriculum by supporting pupil learning and the promotion of social and emotional wellbeing. Their staff are supported by members of the NHS nursing team, SALT, physiotherapists, occupational therapists, the community paediatrician and psychiatrists. For more information, call the Beacon on 01303 847555.