Check your title deeds which might show which of the walls or fences are your responsibility and state the repair or maintenance required. If the ownership or responsibility for maintenance of a boundary cannot be determined, it may be regarded as a party boundary. Any alterations or replacement of the boundary should only be done with the agreement of the adjoining owners.

Party Wall Act 1996

GOV.UK Party Wall Act 1996 guidance