Legal advice about contracts and procurement
Our contracts and procurement team advise both internal clients and a wide range of other public bodies.
Areas of expertise:
- commercial contracts – negotiation, drafting and completion of all goods, services and works contracts, grants and funding agreements, NHS/PCT agreements, secondments, data protection and confidentiality agreements and building contracts including JCT
- procurement - advice, negotiation and drafting of all stages of a procurement including terms and conditions, evaluation criteria, selection, award and debriefings
- academy conversions - advice, negotiation and drafting of commercial transfer and asset transfer agreements for academies
- pensions – advice to both councils and their Superannuation Funds on admission agreements, bonds, questionnaires and committee reports
- company law/trading – advice on company law, setting up companies, JVCs and LLPs. Company secretarial service. Advice on local authority charging, trading and wellbeing powers
- information governance – Freedom of Information, Data Protection and environmental information advice and complex Freedom of Information requests and reviews
In addition, we provide seminars and bespoke legal training on all the above areas.