Gypsy and Traveller Scheme
We provide an easily accessible and cost effective legal advice and representation service for those working with the Gypsy and Travellers sector.
We have designed a scheme that provides a telephone helpline (offering up to 30 minutes free advice in relation to each single issue), training and support for a low annual fee.
Our comprehensive service includes:
- regular legal updates, practice notes and training
- annual review of policies and procedures.
We can help with:
- possession proceedings against travellers in the County Court
- defending judicial review challenges and claims under the Human Rights Act 1998
- negotiating, drafting and revising policies, licenses and pitch agreements
- removal of goods under the Torts (Interference with Goods) Act 1977
- advice on fly-tipping.
In addition, we also offer a full advice and assistance service for the removal of unauthorised encampments under s.77 of the Criminal Justice Public Order Act 1994.
- prosecutions in the Magistrates Court for orders for removal of unauthorised encampments
- preparation of the evidence pack
- drafting and issuing information and summons, complaint and order and preparation for hearing
- attendance at court hearings.
For more information please contact Shejal Patel on 03000 41 65 53 or at email@example.com.