Senior Solicitor, Social Services Team
Telephone: 03000 41 78 00
- BA (Law) (hons.)
- Local authority representative member of the Law Society Children Panel since 2003
Areas of practice
- Child Protection
Roger was admitted as a FILex in October 1986 and as a solicitor in May 1991. He joined KCC Legal Services in 2001 and has worked almost exclusively in child protection since then.
Until 1994 Roger dealt with conveyancing, prosecutions and general litigation for local authorities and in the private sector, and some local authority child protection work.
Since 1994 he has predominantly worked for the Social Services' departments of various local authorities, dealing with child and adult protection and mental health.
In his current post as an in-house advocate he conducts a range of hearings, including multi-day fact-finding and final hearings.
Roger regularly prepares precedents and templates for the legal team, as well as advising social workers on their written and oral evidence.
- The Law Society
- The Association of Lawyers for Children
- Re J (Care: Rehabilitation Plan)  2 FLR 498
- Re B (A Child) (Disclosure)  2 FLR 142
- Re B (Threshold Criteria: Fabricated Illness)  2 FLR 200
- Re U (Serious Injury: Standard Of Proof); Re B  2 FLR 263
- Re M (Fact-Finding Hearing: Burden of Proof)  1 FLR 1177)