Solicitor, Dispute Resolution Team
Telephone: 03000 42 20 39
- LLB (Hons) Law & French Law, London School of Economics & Political Science
- Diplôme d’Etudes Juridiques, Strasbourg III University
- Distinction, Legal Practice Course, BPP Law School
Areas of practice
- Commercial property disputes
- Commercial litigation
- Judicial review
- Highways Act, New Roads & Street Works Act
- Schools and education
Laurent changed career, following 10 years working as a project manager and legal advocate in central government, to join Kent County Council in 2015. He brings with him a wealth of experience most notably as an immigration advocate specialising in EU free movement law and human rights.
An experienced project manager, Laurent effectively handles litigation through to completion. Notable successes include managing proceedings to recover a stolen historical artefact from insurers. He enjoys understanding a client’s business and identifying tailored solutions that solve the problem. As a trainee Laurent devised an indemnity to settle a £400k commercial property dispute which he then convinced a previously sceptical opposing party to support.
Laurent speaks fluent French and his hobbies include climbing, history and current affairs.