Solicitor, Contracts and Procurement Team
Telephone: 03000 41 84 88
- LLB (Hons)
- MA (HRM)
- Diploma - Local Government Law and Practice
Areas of practice
- Commercial, Corporate and Contracts Law
- EU / Local Government Procurement Law
- Local Government Pensions Law
- Projects and Capital Works
- TUPE, FoI / DPA
- PFI, PPP Company Law, IP and Copyright
- Public Health, State Aid
- Local Authority Trading
- BSF / Academies / Free Schools
- Framework, JV, SPV, Consortium and Partnering Agreements
- Commercial Risk Awareness
Adeola qualified from the Nigerian Law School in 1991 with a BL, and later re-qualified in the UK as a solicitor in 1999.
Adeola is a highly professional Senior Commercial Solicitor with extensive PQE in the areas of Commercial Law, Litigation and Employment Law. Areas of expertise include drafting and advising on high value Commercial Contracts, EU Procurement Law and general related outsourcing issues, Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) Regulations (TUPE), Pensions Law, Data Protection and Freedom of Information. She has successfully led a number of major outsourcing projects and contract renegotiations.
Some of the projects Adeola has worked on include:
- Drafting and negotiation of high profile, complex and major commercial contracts including those with cross jurisdictional issues e.g. Hertfordshire County Council's Shared Managed Services Contract, Hertfordshire Highways Contract, Client Service Term Contract, Home Care Contract, Building Schools for the Future, Recruitment Contract and Investment of Pensions Funds Contract.
- Lead in-house solicitor advising on all major outsourcing projects - during Competitive Dialogue process including Building Schools for the Future, Shared Managed Services, Herts Highways contract, Hertfordshire Client Service Term Contract, Recruitment Contract and others.
- Setting up LA trading companies, drafting Shareholders Agreements, Articles and Memorandum of Association, directors' roles and responsibilities, including registration of LA trading company. Drafting template corporate procurement and contracts documents including, TUPE Toolkit, Guidance notes on Pensions Regulations and Admission Agreements, and updating the Council's Contract Regulations
- Advising on the transfer of public health functions to Leicester City Council. Reviewing and working with the Department of Public Health to agree the transfer instrument and modification schemes to effect the transfer of functions. Providing advice to the Director of Public Health in relation to the transfer.
- Adeola published an article on Academies, titled 'Academies: a local authority guide to conversion' which was published in the Local Government Lawyer.
- She is currently working on Facing the Challenge - Back Office Procurement.
- SIG – Contract and Procurement Lawyers' Special Interest Group
- Graduate Member - Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development