Out of office hours service
Not every crisis occurs during office hours.
Kent and Medway Social Services provide for
these times with our out of hours service that can offer
advice, support and help to ensure that vulnerable people are not
left at risk.
03000 41 91
Text relay 18001 03000 41 91 91
Calls are charged at local rate from wherever you are
- A response to new and urgent social care situations that arise
"after hours" and cannot wait until the next working day.
- Access to Kent & Medway Social Services resources outside
normal office hours for those in greatest need.
- A single point of contact by the use of a 0300 local rate
- Advice and assistance to service users.
- A service to ensure that vulnerable people who are at risk are
made safe until the next working day.
Anyone can call
Anyone can contact the out of hours service for advice or
- You, your relatives or carers, friends or neighbours.
- We take calls from the police, doctors and members of private
or voluntary organisations.
- Anyone who has urgent need of advice or assistance from Social
You can call us for many reasons, including:
- Keeping vulnerable adults safe who are in need or at risk.
- Severe problems with your children
- Concerns about children and young people who are at risk
How it works
All calls will be taken by a trained customer service advisor
who will take details and a brief message. You will then be
telephoned by a trained Duty Screening Officer or Duty Social
Worker depending on the nature and urgency of your call.
The Duty Screening Officer or Duty Social Worker will call you
back as soon as possible. We aim to return calls within 30
If you are calling from a public call box you should let the
Customer Service Advisor know.
The Duty Screening Officer or Duty Social Worker can give you
information and advice over the phone. We can often sort things out
over the phone.
However, if we think you need more help than we can offer over
the phone we will come out to see you.