Transforming Care Plans
Kent and Medway transforming care plans
Transforming Care is a programme to improve services for people with learning disabilities and/or autism, who display behaviour that challenges, including those with a mental health condition.
Kent County Council and Medway Council are both committed to working in partnership to implement Transforming Care when it is suitable to do so, such as when there is a clear benefit to service users and their families and carers or when there is a clear cost benefit to working together.
Changes to current services
When the right community services are in place we hope to:
- reduce hospital placements
- reduce problems obtaining support in transition
- implement a new service to give support for those aged 0-25
- have a better transition plan put in place for those aged 16-25
- provide adult learning disability services giving community support
- supply further outreach services to patients in the community.