Folkestone and Hythe Surface Water Management Plan
Due to a history of flooding from local sources, Folkestone and Hythe was identified as an area where a surface water management plan would be beneficial in improving our understanding of local flood risk issues.
The study identified a number of generic and location-specific actions to manage the risk of local flooding. The actions ranged from the implementation of maintenance regimes to improving property protection.
Read the report
Appendix B – Detailed Summary Sheets and Mapping:
- DA01 Lympne (PDF, 2.0 MB)
- DA02 Pedlinge, Saltwood, Horn Street, Newington and Peene Village (PDF, 2.1 MB)
- DA03 Palmarsh and Pennypot (PDF, 1.6 MB)
- DA04 Hythe and Horn Street (PDF, 1.7 MB)
- DA05 Channel Tunnel Terminal (PDF, 2.4 MB)
- DA06 Cheriton, Sandgate and Shorncliffe (PDF, 2.2 MB)
- DA07 Folkestone, Castle Hill and Morehall (PDF, 2.5 MB)
- DA08 Folkestone, Sugar Loaf Hill and Dover Hill (PDF, 2.2 MB)
- DA09 Folkestone, Lower Leas and Mill Point (PDF, 2.0 MB)
Following the Folkestone and Hythe Stage 1 Surface Water Management Plan, KCC has worked with partners to take forward some of the actions identified in the areas of Cheriton, Morehall and Foord.