Kent and Medway Shoreline Pollution Emergency Plan
The Kent and Medway Shoreline Pollution Emergency Plan outlines a policy framework for coastal shoreline pollution planning and response in Kent and Medway.
The objectives of the plan are to:
- outline organisational responsibilities for shoreline pollution planning and response
- provide emergency points of contact
- determine relevant operational requirements of agencies in Kent
- ensure the availability of personnel for effective co-ordination and delivery of the response
- ensure that appropriate personnel are trained and exercised
- ensure that liaison takes place across key partners
- ensure effective planning for, and operational interventions to, pollution incidents impacting Kent's natural and built coastal environment
- collate existing zonal shoreline access and sensitivity information and booming plans for Kent and Medway in one document.