Kent community safety agreement
Working together for a safer Kent
Our agreement sets out how we will work together with all our partners to address the key community safety priorities for Kent.
Law enforcement will always play a major part in community safety, but we believe that a lot can be done to prevent problems before they happen by addressing the root causes. We put a great deal of effort into:
- supporting vulnerable people and their families
- tackling issues of substance misuse
- improving road safety
- improving security of people's homes.
Community safety can be improved by:
- creating stronger communities
- helping people become active citizens
- improving personal responsibility in the community.
Our agreement aims to address the needs of local communities but will also help to meet the objectives set out in the Government paper, A new approach to fighting crime.