The Data Protection Act controls how your personal information is used by organisations, businesses or the government.
Requesting your personal information
To get information we may hold about you:
- complete a subject access request form (PDF, 74.7 KB)
- post it to Information Resilience and Transparency Team, Kent County Council, Room 2.71, Sessions House, County Hall, Maidstone ME14 1XQ with:
- proof of your identity
- proof of your current address
- a £10 cheque or postal order payable to Kent County Council. We cannot accept cash.
Some education and health records have different fees. We will tell you if you need to pay us more money and reserve the right to waive any fees.
We must not knowingly give the information to the wrong person, so we may ask for identification before we hand any information over.
Information about other people
To request information about someone else, you must either:
- have written consent from them allowing us to disclose their information to you
- have Power of Attorney to legally act on their behalf
- or if you are requesting information about a child, be their parent or legal guardian.
You will need to send proof of this with your request.
To access your child's education records, you need to write to the headteacher of the school your child goes to or went to.
Specialist Children's Services
A specific privacy notice is issued to all families and children over 12 that have that are being assessed for children's social care services.
Adult Social Services
- Read our Adult Social Services privacy notice (PDF, 77.8 KB)
- Read our Adult Social Services privacy notice - easy read (PDF, 1.1 MB)
We will respond to you within 40 days of receiving your written request and the fee.
The 40 day period starts from when we receive sufficient information, so please be as specific as possible in your written request. We will contact you if we need more information.
Looking after your personal information
We need certain personal information to be able to provide services. Find out how we use information about you, and your rights about how it is held and shared in our looking after your personal information leaflet (PDF, 702.2 KB).
If you have any queries:
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
- write to Information Resilience and Transparency Team, Kent County Council, Room 2.71, Sessions House, County Hall, Maidstone. ME14 1XQ