Kent Environment Strategy
A strategy for environment, health and economy
Kent faces unprecedented growth and change over the coming decades. The Kent Environment Strategy recognises and addresses the challenges and opportunities that this will bring.
Working together through the strategy and across sectors, the task is to continue to support economic growth whilst protecting and enhancing our natural and historic environment and creating and sustaining communities that are vibrant, healthy and resilient.
A shared vision and successful collaborations will result in actions that will ensure that Kent is a place of choice to live, work and visit.
The 2016 strategy has three themes:
- Building the foundations for delivery
- Making best use of existing resources, avoiding or minimising negative impacts
- Working towards a sustainable future
What we’ve achieved so far
Through the delivery of the previous Kent Environment Strategy, partners, communities and businesses took action to enhance and make the most of Kent’s environmental benefits.
- Impact Report 2011 - 2016 (PDF, 323.0 KB)
- Public Perception Survey 2015 (PDF, 2.35MB)
- Climate Local Kent 2014 (PDF, 1.4 MB) – Kent partners progress report for 2014
- Mid-term report (PDF, 400.7 KB) from May 2014
- Monitoring reports of progress (PDF, 261.5 KB) up to July 2013
- The implementation plan 2013-2015 (PDF, 2.3 MB).