Corporate Director Engagement, Organisation Design and Development
Roles and responsibilities
- Lead, develop and commission engagement strategies, services and resources for the council to ensure that the customer is at the heart of everything we do.
- Lead and develop the council's human resources strategy to support delivery of the council's objectives and goals and commission any required human resources services ensuring cost effectiveness, efficiency and responsiveness.
View the job description (PDF, 193.4 KB) for the role of Corporate Director of Engagement, Organisation Design and Development.
Amanda moved into the role of Corporate Director of Human Resources in April 2011. Prior to that she has been Director of Personnel and Development since 2004.
She started her career as a graduate trainee in Human Resources and has had a varied career since, working mainly in the public sector.
Immediately prior to joining Kent County Council, she spent 3 years as Head of HR for Transport for London. Before that she held a number of jobs covering both generalist business support and specialist roles. Amanda headed up London Transport's training function and has worked as a trainer. She has extensive experience of recruitment, employee relations, appraisal and pay systems, employment policy and organisation design and development. In the early 1990s, she spent 5 years as a self employed HR consultant working with a very varied range of customers, including many SMEs, on recruitment, training and performance management processes.
Amanda's salary is £136,020.
Amanda has not claimed any expenses for the past financial year (April 2016 to March 2017).
Our expenses policy applies to all staff. You can view a breakdown of all expenses claimed by our directors for the current and previous financial year.
- Director salaries and expenses 2016/17 (XLSX, 17.7 KB)
- Director salaries and expenses 2016/17 (PDF, 36.0 KB)
- Director salaries and expenses 2015/16 (XLS, 55.5 KB)
- Director salaries and expenses 2015/16 (PDF, 37.5 KB)
- Director salaries and expenses 2014/15 (XLS, 42.5 KB)
- Director salaries and expenses 2014/15 (PDF, 36.4 KB)
Memberships: Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development and Public Sector People Managers' Association (PPMA)
None to declare.